ALWAYS CLEAN. ALWAYS GREEN.®
CARETAKERS’ “Always Clean. Always Green.®” program brings our long tradition of safety and sustainability to a whole new level. Rather than making green a unique offering, we are committed to making it part of everyday life throughout all our operations. Each of our sites has been standardized to Green Seal Certified cleaning products compliant with the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED-EB Green Building Certification program. By also increasing our use of micro-fibers and CRI Green Label Certified equipment, we continue to improve the indoor environmental quality in the buildings we service.
Our Always Clean. Always Green.® cleaning system has been proven to meet the stringent requirements for LEED-EB certification credits. We have the understanding and experience in completing all required documentation to meet LEED standards so you can earn certification. If you are ready to take this next step at your facility, we can help you reach your goal. At CARETAKERS we don’t just talk green, we walk green!
- We develop and implement day cleaning programs
- Green Cleaning Programs proven to earn LEED credits
- LEED Accredited Professional on staff and available for consulting
- We provide sustainability assessments and planning for our customers
- We use safe green cleaning chemicals, equipment, tools, and procedures
Why Green? Why Now?
For The Health Of It!
- We spend 90% of our time indoors.
- Buildings are tighter with more people per SF.
- Outdoor air contains avg 10 VOC’s, indoor averages 150. – Consumer Products Safety Division
- 50% of all illness is caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air. – American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Contaminants are typically 2 to 5 times worse indoors than outdoors. - U.S.EPA
- 1 of every 3 buildings has poor indoor air quality affecting the health of its occupants. - World Health Organization
- Improving building environments would reduce healthcare costs and sick leave while increasing worker performance for a productivity gain of $30-$150 billion. – US Department of Energy
- The prevalence of Asthma has been increasing since 1980 with 1 in every 15 Americans now suffering from this illness. 25% of these 20 million are children! - Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
For The Economics Of It!
- Higher tenant retention
- Greater resale value for the property
- Improved PR with your tenants and the community
- Ability to differentiate your building from the one next door
For The Future!
- Consume 38% of our raw materials
- Use 40% of our total energy consumption
- Use 65% of our total electricity consumption
- Produce 30% of our greenhouse gas emissions
- Use 4.5 billion lbs of janitorial paper products each year
- Use 6 billion lbs of cleaning & coating chemicals each year
- Use 36 billion plastic trash can liners just to contain all our trash
- Fill 40% of our landfills with high grade paper – the best for recycle
- Throw away enough glass each week to fill a 100 story office tower
- Throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour recycling just 18%
- Throw away enough aluminum each year to rebuild our entire fleet
- of commercial airplanes four times
Call us today to transform your building into a healthy high performance green facility.